Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The United States of China-America

I was born in the United States. I think of myself as ‘American’ - as unpopular as that might sound these days.
My passport says I am American.
I was schooled in the United States so maybe my geography teacher goofed.
I have been reading stories about Chinese-Americans, Italian-Americans, German-Americans, Irish-Americans, Latin-Americans and my favorite - Mexican-Americans.
I looked on the map and I can’t seem to find the United States of China-America. I figured if I could find the United States of Italy-America or the United States of German-America I could work my way around to the United States of Ireland-America but I haven’t been able to find any of them.
I tried several times to find the United States of Mexico-America but I always end up laughing too hard and my wife tells me to stop.
I believe one day that the United States of America and the United Mexican States will one day form a nation that is powerful to our enemies and strong and prosperous for all of its citizens.
At some point I expect to Canada to join us as well unless it is annexed by the Republic of India or the Republic of China.
The United States of America stretching from pole to pole. The United States of the Western Hemisphere. Peace and prosperity.
Ah, forget it. Fighting Cave Men in Afghanistan is the new American dream.
Welcome to the United States of whatever you want to call it.
Is this anyone’s nation anymore?

No comments: