Wednesday, January 12, 2011

China and New York City

The other day Rosie O’Donnell on the television show ‘The View’ made a remark that set off New York City Councilman John Liu. He seemed to handle the off-the-cuff remark as if it were a personal attack.
I felt his reaction was out of proportion to the intent and content of the remark.
I wrote him an email and told him that.
Then something strange happened - I got an automatic notice from his New York City Council account telling me that I had been added to an electronic database and that he would use that database to contact me on a regular basis.
When I attempted to disengage from the electronic database I found that it was difficult to do so - actually - I could not locate the instructions necessary to remove myself.
I then forwarded that fact along with the original letter to the other members of the New York City Council. I found that no other city council member had that set on their account.
The next day (12.21.2006) I received an email from an assistant of John Liu. The language was combative. I thought you would be interested in John Liu’s behavior as well as that of his assistant who set this system up.

No comments: