Wednesday, January 12, 2011

HUD

I bought a house from HUD (Housing and Urban Development).
I paid 104,000 dollars for it.
I got a 30 year loan with normal levels of interest to pay on it.
I bought it in a small city in Michigan which is across the street from a large Ford plant, two blocks away from gigantic garbage dumps and within walking distance of a major east-west freight train route (that also hosts Detroit-Chicago rickety old Amtrak trains).
Within a couple of months of buying the house the mortgage ‘industry’ fell apart and real estate prices returned to normal levels. I am now living in a house that is worth about 30,000 dollars.
When I got the house I had to repair it. New furnace, new bathroom, new kitchen, new windows - I even had to repair the fences because the company the government used to cut the grass knocked them all down.
I worked hard on this house to make it livable for myself, my wife, my wife’s handicapped aunt and my handicapped mother-in-law.
I paid what the government and banks coerced me to.
I feel the banks and government committed fraud in millions of cases across the United States - both in private and commercial real estate.
Tens of millions of citizens like me (and corporations) should not have to ‘reapply’ to get mortgage rates adjusted.
Don’t you think that mortgage payments across the United States should be immediately reset to match real estate values?
Is this government a bank?

No comments: