Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Joe Biden - Trial Lawyer

I was reading through some information the other day and I happened upon some political donation numbers that caused me to become disappointed - to say the least.
As I looked through the list of donations from political groups and individuals to President Obama’s 2008 campaign I became curious to see who had given him money to get elected to the office of the Senate.
It was heavily reported at the time of the presidential election that he had relied on ‘grass-roots’ donations in order to ‘sweep to victory’.
Well, some sweeping may have been done but it looks like whatever it was ended up being swept under the rug.
Can you tell me why so many New York financial firms took an interest in pushing Barack Obama into a Senate seat for the state of Illinois?
This list looks like a rogue’s gallery - and it was repeated for his Presidential bid.
Here are some of the names - can you recognize them?
‘JP Morgan Chase and Company’, ‘Goldman Sachs’, ‘Credit Suisse’, ‘Citigroup’, ‘Bank of America’, ‘UBS’…even ‘Fannie Mae’.
Now for that last one : “Fannie Mae is a government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) chartered by Congress with a mission to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the U.S. housing and mortgage markets.”
I am inclined to believe and hope - that change will come to Washington once again.
I like Barack Obama - he seems like a real nice guy.
I don’t think he should be President again.
Do you?

No comments: